Thursday, August 23, 2018

Midori Style Traveler's Notebook

"We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are".
                                                       - Max Depree-


I have an old messenger style leather purse that I loved dearly. Unfortunately, I loved it so much I wore it out. So what do I do with it? I'm still emotionally attached to it and can't throw it away, but I don't want to put it in the closet and have another thing cluttering up the house. Solution...take it apart and recycle the leather into something usable.

I've always admired and wanted a Midori Traveler's Notebook but I could not justify the cost of the leather notebook and the inserts. However...I now have the leather to make my own beautiful handmade traveler's notebook and I have all the papers I enjoy using to make the booklets. I also love the idea of repurposing something "old" into something "new" that I can use every day.

Follow along as I show you step-by-step how I used the leather from my old favorite purse to make a Midori style traveler's notebook. I break it down into easy steps and give you all the measurements to create not only the leather notebook but also the booklets to insert into the notebook.



Of course, if you don't have an old leather purse to use, you can purchase new leather from the craft store or fabric store. Then you can make the booklets from your favorite choice of papers.

Try making one for yourself, I know you'll love it as much as I love mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment