Saturday, January 6, 2018

Life is a blank canvas

"Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can."
                                                                                   - Danny Kaye -

As the New Year begins, I look at my life and my future and I see a blank canvas before me. It's up to me to decide what picture I paint on it.


As with all blank canvases we are faced with the anxiety of what we should paint. What is the picture we see? We are also faced with the fear of making a mistake and ruining the picture. Facing the unknown can be frightening.

Yes...with all new beginnings there is that element of fear, but there is also a sense of excitement. The excitement of a new adventure, a new opportunity to do something you always wanted to do and the ability to change your situation.

I look at the canvas before me and realize that I am not alone in the decision of that picture. There are loved ones to take into consideration. My grandchildren are watching my every move, the choices I make and how I live my life. I am an example to them.

So...Grandma is not going to worry about the future or dwell on the past. That is all out of my control. I'm going to put my faith and trust in God, pick up my paintbrush and throw all the paint I can at that canvas!!!.




No comments:

Post a Comment